ABOUT SCHOOL OF LAW
Recognized as the ‘Emerging Law School of the Year-2016’by INBA and rated No.1 Rank in the category of Promising Law School by GHRDC (Global Human Resource Development Centre), School of Law, Ansal University is a top notch institution with outstanding credentials committed to the cause of excellence in legal education. Justice
Mohan Peiris, former Chief Justice of Sri Lanka, Justice A.M. Ahmadi, former Chief Justice of India, Justice Markandey Katju, former Judge, Supreme Court of India, Justice Bhanwar Singh, former Judge, Allahabad High Court, Ambassador Asoke Mukherjee, Brigadier M.B. Anand, Prof. Ed Carter (Utah University, USA), Prof. Osamu Arakaki (Tokyo University, Japan), Mr. Ravi Nair (Executive Director, South Asia Human Rights Documentation Centre) and Mr. Abhishek Dubey, Principal Associate, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Company have been some eminent personalities who have graced School of Law. Moot Court and legal aid activities are an integral part of School of Law.
Faculty members at SOL have numerous publications in International and National journals of repute that have been cited by various leading International journals and think tanks contributing immensely to the process of knowledge sharing at the global level. Students on their part have won numerous prizes and special mentions in Debating,Model United Nations (MUN) and Parliamentary debating competitions.
School of Law is recognized by the Bar Council of India and University Grants Commission.
The school of Law was established at Ansal University in 2014 to impart quality legal education intending to produce world-class professionals, scholars and academics in Law. Globalization has posed many new challenges and opportunities, which have created the need for competent Judges, Lawyers and Academics. The role of Ansal University and the School of Law is to equip its students with such knowledge, skills, and scholarship that most suitably cater the needs of the individual student to achieve success in this era of Globalization.
School of Law, to cater the emerging new legal landscape provides a clear framework for its students and help them to be the leaders of the legal profession and beyond. It strives to create a new model in the field of legal education with its emphasis on corporate culture so that its graduates can enter the emerging legal career options.
Flashpoints of Vantage merit
- Highly qualified faculty and advisors with multinational experiences and qualifications.
- Strong linkages with Industry, Law Firms, Corporate Business Houses, Senior Advocates of High Courts, Supreme Court and regulatory bodies.
- Emphasis on Clinical Legal Education.
- Students’ participation in National and International Moot Court Competitions.
- Outreach Programmes (Lok Adalat, Legal Literacy Camps, Seminars, and Conferences, etc.)
- Individualized attention for our students.
- Regular seminars and lectures by eminent Judges, Advocates of Supreme Court and High Court, Industry Leaders and Practitioners, International Organizations and social activists.
- Unique course specializations at both undergraduate and graduate level with special consideration for industrial needs and placements.
- Further to enhance in-house capacity for specializations, School of Law has established research and training centers, like ‘Advocacy and Mediation Skills Clinic’ and ‘Global Center for IPR Education and Research.’
- Internship and Recruitment Committee (IRC) to provide practical exposure and placements to its students in reputed Law Firms, Multinationals, Consultancies, Insurance Companies, NGO’s, Publication Houses, Media Houses etc.
WHY JOIN SCHOOL OF LAW:
- Approved by The Bar Council of India
- High quality knowledge based curriculum
- Rigorous class teaching and research
- Strong linkages with industry, law firms, advocates and regulatory bodies
- Contemporary courses in the areas of Cyber Law, Air Space Law, Competition Law, IPR Law and Human Rights Law.
- Scholarship to meritorious students.
- Classroom lectures by well qualified and experienced faculty
- Court Room Exercise (CRE) as class projects with an emphasis on researching, in depth analysis of precedents and enhancing oratory skills so as to familiarize students with the court room atmosphere long before their actual arrival on the legal scene.
- Case studies for analyzing past history and trends including present case studies.
- Regular workshops by distinguished Advocates, Academics, Managing Partners and Associates from National and International Law Firms on diversified legal and business issues of contemporary significance
- Getting them to see through problems and hypotheticals how a seemingly minor change in the facts can produce a change in the outcome.
- Teaching them case analysis — how to dissect a case, breaking it down into discrete components (facts, issue, precedent, rule, application, holding) in order to discern what the court is actually doing.
- Exposing them to ethical and professional responsibility issues that lurk beneath the surface of the cases.
- Giving them practical exposure on how cases are actually litigated in the real world by providing them regular internship opportunities with reputed Law Firms, Multinationals, Consultancies, Insurance Companies, NGO’s, Publication Houses, and Media Houses etc.
- Giving them litigation-oriented skills through courtroom simulations that involve questioning a witness or arguing a motion
- Rigorous Moot Court training for students by Experts.