Designing and Analysis of Electronics Circuits
School of Engineering & Technology-Innovation Centre organized five days Summer School (11 July, 2016 – 15 July,2016) for XI and XII class students.
Summer School started with the “Designing and Analysis of Electronics Circuits” module. In total 24 students and 3 faculty members from different schools participated in it. The module covered the basics of digital electronics being exploited in the designing and analysis of circuits. The students spent most of the time in the laboratory to gain hands on experience in designing digital circuits using logic gates on breadboard.
Neha Walia from Gurugram Public School adjourned the “Best Performer Award” of the module. The session ended up with a fun filled Technical Dumb Charades Event.
Testimonials from the Students are as follows:
- “Theory classes were really appreciable as every concepts used in practical session was taken care. In fact in a very limited time a good exposure towards the electronics stream was delivered.”
– Anana Niketan (Student), Mount Carmel School
- “I had a nice experience here. The university is very clean and green. All the teachers were nice to us. They taught us patiently, though we were late. They helped us to understand all the topics we have missed. The lab was also clean and organized with all the required equipments. The topic of gates was new to me but I got it and felt interesting. The other schools were also well-behaved.”
– Jayesh Makkar (Student), Mount Carmel School
- “The conceptual classes were well understood by students. Subsequently, the hands on experience in circuit designing were done with more interest-with understanding. Overall, a benefitted session.”
– Raji Suresh (Faculty), Summer Fields School
- “Very Interesting and would like to attend more classes. The teachers here are nice and because of them I got to know about something which I had no idea about previously. The practicals are amazing.”
– Tushar Jain (Student), Summer Fields School
- “An amazing lecture which clear all the concepts about different kinds of gates in electronics. I am happy to see that big institutes invite school students especially senior students. It created an interest among them helpful to them in choosing the branch of science to pursue in future.”
– Sonu Gupta (Faculty), Gurugram Public School
- “I really get each and every bit of the lecture. Teachers make me understand every single step of designing . The class was seriously interesting and enjoyable. I am really thankful to these teachers who have really helped me a lot.”
– Aayushi Kumari (Student),Gurugram Public School
Popsicle Stick Bridge Module
School of Engineering & Technology-Innovation Centre conducted a session on “Popsicle Stick Bridge Module” on 12th July as a part of 5 days Summer School (11th July – 15 July) ,conducted for XI and XII class students. This session witnessed the 18 students and 3 teachers from different schools as participants.
It was really indeed learning experience for the students to understand the concept of structural engineering through Hands on Learning on Popsicle bridge which is evident through the following testimonials:
- “Workshop conducted in Ansal University about civil engineering was very much informative to the students, about choosing streams in future and they have learned creative bridge with the help of popsicle sticks. Everyone enjoyed it.”
Shubhra Gupta (Teacher), Ryan International School
- “The program was a great experience. We got to know and explored more facts about engineering. I liked the workshop a lot.”
Anubhav Swamy (Student), Ryan International School
- “The program that arranged today was full with practical approach. Our students have learned a lot. The event was organized in well directed manner. The speaker of the day was highly motivated. The issues discussed left a permanent impression on the mind of students and teachers. These students felt that after going back they are tempted to perform other such creative activities.”
Santosh Kumar Mallick (Teacher),Sumermal Jain Public School
- “I loved this learning experience. My knowledge has been enriched and I felt ecstatic making the bridge. We learned about the techno world. Great Joy.”
Tavishi Mehta (Student),Sumermal Jain Public School
Vedic Maths and Science of Light
School of Engineering & Technology-Innovation Centre conducted two different sessions on “Vedic Maths” and “Science of Light” on 13th July as a part of 5 days Summer School (11th July – 15 July),conducted for XI and XII class students.
An interactive session on Vedic Maths module explained different Sutras and some Sanskrit Slokas with their significance in Mathematics. Total 44 students and 4 faculties of different schools participated in this event and made it memorable by acknowledging this session in some words:
- “An enjoyable activity and educational too. It made me learn some great things that are really helpful in life. Hope for some more such workshops in future.”
Darsh Asama,Gurugram Public School
- “It was a very good and interactive session . Now I look back at all the 12 years of my school life and all these difficult calculations and I just wish I had known these earlier. It was a must attend session.”
Mohammad Abbas,Gurugram Public School
- “Ansal University , Welldone ! Excellent ! The Vedic Mathematics session was very good. It improves concentration of study resources . It is the fastest method of calculations during Vedic period 2500 BC.”
Rishab Balra,Delhi Public School, Maruti Kunj
- “My experience with the Ansal faculty was eye- opening . I got to learn many new things. Learning quick ways to solve the problems was interesting and very practical.”
Deepak Bibyan, Summer Fields School
Science of Light
The module started with an introductory presentation on Basics of light, followed by a technical quiz in which 16 groups of two students were formed. In the quiz, Ruchir Saigal and Sarthak Kathuria both from Summer Field School were awarded the best performers. The session ended up with a Laboratory visit for dark room experiments conducted with the help of Mr. Ashok and Mr. Ved Prakash.
- “Science is the backbone of everything we have today . So learning more about science is something really good and important. We all enjoyed and loved the workshop. Thanks for such a wonderful workshop.
Darsh Asama, Gurugram Public School
- Wonderful explanation about the phenomena of light in a very simple yet effective way. A total brainstorming session.”
Mohammad Abbas,Gurugram Public School
- “The Science of light workshop was very beneficial. It included basic concepts of light in physics.”
Rishab Balra,Delhi Public School , Maruti Kunj
The day began with the session on “Robotics” conducted by School of Engineering & Technology-Innovation Centre as a part of 5 days Summer School (11th July – 15 July) organized for XI and XII class students. In total 34 students and 3 faculty members from three different schools participated in it. The session proceeded to hands on training session with the motive to educate students on robotics movement following zig-zag line, overcoming obstacles avoiding navigation etc.Highlight of the session was fire fighting group challenge where a group of students doused a bunch of illuminated candles, from there the star performers were selected and awarded.
The students appreciated the learning by acknowledging their experience in beautiful words:
- “It was Quite Interesting; we loved the activities and tasks. We want more workshops like this please.”
Sudhanshu Mishra (Student),Gurugram Public School
- “I really loved the robotics workshop. It was fun and interesting. I learnt a lot new stuff today and I would love to come for another visit next time. Overall an amazing experience.”
Umran Shariff (Student),Gurugram Public School
- :” The workshop on Robotics conducted by Ansal University was a great experience for each student. I enjoyed a lot and learnt a lot many things. It was Quite Interesting; we loved the activities and tasks. We want more workshops like this please.”
Lakshita (Student),American Montessori Public School
- “Had a great experience, looking forward for more.”
Rahul Kumar(Student) ,American Montessori Public School
- “My experience about today workshop at Ansal University is outstanding. In today’s workshop Sir Shahid Ansari told us very valuable information regarding Robots, sensors etc. After attending my workshop here I have increased lot of information regarding robots and parts by which it is made. I will remember this workshop forever. Thanks a lot to all the faculties who help us in increasing my knowledge about robots.”
Gaurav Chauhan (Student),Delhi Public School, Maruti Kunj
- “The Robotic class was interesting as well as it involved us. The class by Sabir Ali sir was refreshing and gave the thought to look at the life differently.”
Kuhu Bhattacharya (Student),Delhi Public School, Maruti Kunj
School of Engineering & Technology-Innovation Centre concluded the session on “Web Designing” on 15th July as a part of 5 days Summer School (11th July – 15 July) ,conducted for XI and XII class students. The module focused on the Web Development and Animation Techniques covering fundamental and advance concepts of web technologies including HTML, Dot Net and Macromedia Flash. This session witnessed the 38 Participants (Including Students and Faculty Members) from different schools.
It was an informative workshop which is evident through the following testimonials:
- “The session was very informative. The Students were fully involved. The session was practical oriented.”
AnanaNiketan (Student), Ms. Geeta Bhatia (Faculty),Mount Carmel School
- “The program was very good and I enjoyed in learning about web designing and animation by using advance technologies.”
Sarthak Joshi (Student),Mount Carmel School
- “Very good workshop. Well-coordinated and organized”
Sushma Sharma (Faculty),Summer Fields School
- “It was a great workshop and I came to know about many new things on web designing and macromedia flash. The faculty and staff of Ansal University are very friendly. I really learned and enjoyed a lot. It was a great experience at Ansal University and would like to come here again.”
Santosh Yadav (Student),Summer Fields School
- “Various Sessions are well organized; contents are good, knowledgeable and useful for students. The topics covered during workshop need to plan again and again so that students get clear vision of various platforms available in market. Thanks to Ansal University to provide such a great platform to students have ideas on latest technologies. Looking forward for such more workshops in future to enrich students and teachers both.”
Amit Kumar Dhingra (Faculty),Delhi Public School, MarutiKunj
- “Overall it was a nice session. This session was about web designing and animation. I really enjoy the session in future too. I want to make my career in computers, (software engg. or web designer). Special thanks to the Ansal University for conducting the session of web designing.”
Ritik Rao(Student),Delhi Public School, MarutiKunj
- “Web designing module of summer school was very innovative and interesting idea to provide exposer to students to learn practical aspects of computer science word. Workshop timing should be according to school timing so that more participation without any constraints can be done.”
Dilbag Singh (Faculty),American Monessori Public School
- “The workshop was very nice I got to learn lot of things. I would love to attend more workshops like this.”
Harsh Harshana (Student),American Monessori Public School
1.School of Engineering and Technology organized a workshop on Machine Design Online (MDO) for Faculty of Mechanical Engineering branch. The purpose of the workshop was to show all features of Machine Design Online (MDO) portal to faculty as an additional teaching aid.
2. A 2 day training programme (March 17 – 18, 2016) was held by Prof. ND Kaushika (Ex-Professor, Centre for Energy Studies, IIT Delhi) on Solar thermal and solar photo voltaic cells was held at Innovation Centre for Solar energy, Ansal University.
3. Four Days Training cum workshop on CNC Lathe Machine was organised for Student and Faculty Member