The Library is shared between the Sushant School of Design & the Sushant School of Art & Architecture. The library has two sections: Main and Reference Sections, and is equipped with a reading section for quiet independent research. It is fully linked with Internet and local Intranet and has a rich collection of relevant books, journals and educational CD-ROMs. The library subscribes to national and international journals in print besides a large number of e-journals through J-Store. The Library is fully automated & computerized by LS Ease software, which is an offshoot of LibSys, the most popular and widely used software in the country. In addition the library also has online access to J-Gate journals. We have a membership of DELNET (Developing Library Network) for resource sharing and inter-library loans of national and the international database and India STAT database for statistical information.
DELNET online database provides to access various Union Catalogues of the resources available in member-libraries. Currently it has 1500 member libraries of India and of the world over. It has created the Union Catalogue of Books, Union List of Current Periodicals, Union Catalogue of Periodicals,CD-ROM Database, Database of Indian Specialists, Database of Periodical Articles, Union List of Video Recordings, Urdu Manuscripts’ Database, Database of Theses and Dissertations etc.
(ii)DELNET Online Database
DELNET Networking Knowledge in South Asia; Delnet Online (Acess information available in library) Search 83,69,299 books from Union Catalogue of 1899 Member Libraries.
You may access our E-Resources by following the under mentioned Websites: –
(b)WEB OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
All students, staff and faculty members of SSD can borrow books from the library. Undergraduate students can borrow 02 books and postgraduate students can borrow 04 books from the library against Identity Card for 14 days only. If the user fails to return the book on or before the due date then a late fee of Rs.5/- per day per book is levied.
The catalogue acts as a guide between users and books. It helps the user to locate titles on racks. It consists of detailed history/ bibliographic description (e.g Title, Author, Publisher, Year, pages etc.) of a particular Book/Reading material can be accessed online via the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- By Title
- By Author Surname
- By Subject
Photocopy facility managed by a private operator is available inside the library on payment basis
SSAA & SSD library has a large collection of books in both reference and loaning format.
||The Times of India
||The Indian Express
6.Library Use Policy
The Library is open on all working days from 08.30AM to 6:00 PM unless otherwise declared.
Saturday 10.00AM – 2:30 PM
- Each student has been issued bar-coded ID cards for borrowing books.
- Readers should observe strict silence and switch off their mobile phones etc in the library premises.
- Books other than reference books will be issued to students for a period of 15 days only. For the teachers, the loan period is for one month on the condition that they shall make the resources available to the students as and when they require..
- Issued books returned after due date will result to overdue / fine charges i.eRs. 5 /- per book per day.
- Readers are not allowed to bring personal books or many printed material and other personal belongings like bags. Inside the library. These materials are to be kept at the property counter at their own risk. Readers are advised not to leave their precious and valuable items like money, passport, credit card, mobile phone etc. at the property counter.
- Bar-coded Borrower card is mandatory for borrowing books from LKC.
- Book that are in the special demand shall be lent for shorter periods as may be necessary and books lent out may be recalled at any time, if required.
- Theses, CD-ROM are not lent out of the library.
- The readers should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures etc., while borrowing the book.
- No book in damaged condition will be accepted from the reader. Mutilated or spoiled books will have to be replaced by the borrower
- One renewal of books will be permitted. For renewal, books have to be presented physically at the library counter.
- Loss of book must be reported immediately. Late fees, if any, will be charged till the loss of book is reported. If the original library book is returned after reporting it lost, the fine will be calculated till the date of its return.
- Members, before leaving the counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books, which they intend to borrow, are in good condition and any damage/marking should be immediately reported to the library staff, failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible.
- If any student found stealing or tearing any library documents he / she will be debarred from using library facilities as decided by librarian.
- Reference Books shall be issued overnight only (after 5.30 PM). Journals, Newspapers, Reports, Directories, and Dictionaries are not lent
- Only reference textbooks should be issued for overnight. Leave all reference materials on the reference desk before leaving the library
- Photocopy facility available inside the library on payment basis
(iv)Cost of Damaged/Lost Books & Periodicals
- Loss of books, if any, should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy, plus Rs. 100/- penalty along with a levy of overdue charges if any.
- In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost, he will be levied a penalty, which is cost of the book plus Rs. 100/- plus overdue charges, if any.
- Personal books, files and other articles (except a small notebook or loose sheets of paper) are not allowed inside the library. Members have to deposit their personal belonging at the Property Counter.
- Use of pen/marker is not allowed for taking notes, Please use pencils for all your written work.
- Silence should be observed strictly inside the library
- Smoking, Eating, Drinking and using Mobile Phone, playing games in mobile/ Laptop is not permitted within the Library
- All articles being taken out of the library are subject to inspection at the exit gate
- No food beverage permitted inside the library. Eating or drinking inside the library is prohibited. A member shall be responsible for any damage done by him/her to the books. He/she will be required to replace the book.
- The Librarian is authorized to terminate the membership of any borrower if he/she is found guilty of inappropriate behaviour
- Any making or writing inside the books by the members is strictly prohibited. If any damage/marking is found, the members have to replace the book, plus Rs. 100/- as penalty.
- Before leaving the institution a “No Dues certificate” from the library has to be acquired.
- The library is for reading and making notes. Using this space for any other activity or for work on school submission is not allowed.
- Mobile phones should be switched off before entering the library.
The Resource Centre uses a multi-user library management software and dissemination of information. It offers numerous proactive information services. Sushant School of Design has an extensive range of professional workshops and facilities, supervised by experienced technicians who are skilled arts practitioners themselves. Our technical staff encourages students to trust their own creative ideas and help them learn new skills that allow students to produce their best work.
7.Design Studios & Techno Labs
The design studios on campus offer ample opportunity to students to experiment and innovate, while the laboratories provide hi-technology work areas covering real-time aspects of the industry.