Knowledge Resource Centre
The Knowledge Resource Centre (KRC) of Ansal University is the soul of the University spread over a carpet area of approx. 5000 sq. feet. It has three sections including a main section and has two auxiliary sections where 200 students can be accommodated at a time. It has an extensive collection of latest books and journals, both in print and electronic form. The university has also subscribed to the online Journals and database like IEEE, EBSCO host, JSTOR, MANUPATRA and also member of DELNET for academic and research requirements of the students and faculty members. KRC of the University has a very active learning ambience which proudly proclaims to have rich knowledge resources including approx. 45,000 books & CDs on Architecture, Applied Science, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Design, Engineering, Education, Humanities, Hotel Management, Management, Literature, Law and Liberal Arts, etc. It also has a vast collection of reference books; handbooks, dictionaries and encyclopedia on the subjects to cater to the need and the requirements of the faculty members, researchers, and students. The Library is fully automated & computerized by LS Ease software.
- We have over 40,000 vols. Of quality books besides number of printed journals, Magazines, online journals and databases ( J-STOR, MANUPATRA etc.), academic report, Slides, Maps, DVD etc.
- We have reprographic facilities with nominal charges
- Faculty Members, Staff Members, Research Scholars & Students etc.
LIBRARY OPEN ACCESS
- All the library members have open access to library documents. This facility is granted to library members to encourage their reading habits and promote maximum use of library documents.
ONLINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOGUE(OPAC)
The online bibliography database of the university library can be accessed through internet to search any particular title using the author’s name, keyword or title itself. Library catalogue has been computerized through Libsys integrated library management software package. The library catalogue can also be searched using a common web browser from any terminal located inside the campus.
DELNET (DEVELOPING LIBRARY NETWORK)
We have membership of DELNET through which we are getting books as an Inter Library Loan and research article through Document Delivery Services.
LIBRARY WORKING HOURS
- Monday to Friday-8:30AM to 6:00PM.
- Saturday – 10.00 AM to 2.30PM
- Monday to Friday – 8:30AM to 6:00PM.
SCHOOL OF LAW LIBRARY :
- Monday to Friday 8:30AM to 6:00PM.
- Books other than reference books will be issued to student members for a period of 15days only. For teachers, the loan period is for one semester.
- Reference Books, Encyclopedias, Hand Books, Dictionaries, Periodicals, Student Project Report, Dissertations, Thesis Reports will not be issued and THEY ARE ONLY FOR REFERENCE.
- One renewal of books will be permitted. For renewal, books have to be presented physically at the library counter.
- Members, before leaving the counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books, which they intend to borrow, are in good condition and any damage/marking should be immediately reported to the Library staffs, failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible
OVER DUE CHARGES
- Members are advised to return/renew the books on or before due date marked on the book.
- A borrowed book should be returned on the due date, failing which a penalty of Rs.5/- will be collected as overdue charge per day.
- Undue delay in returning the books will result in the cancellation of membership
- Absence will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
LOSS OF BOOKS
- Loss of books, if any, should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy, plus Rs.100/-penalty along with a levy of overdue charges if any.
- In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost, he will be levied a penalty, which is cost of the book plus Rs.100/- Plus overdue charges, if any.
- Personal books, files and other articles (except a small notebook or loose sheets of papers) are not allowed inside the library.
- Members have to deposit their personal belongings at the Property Counter.
- Silence should be observed strictly inside the library.
- Using of Cell Phones inside the library is prohibited.
- A member shall be responsible for any damage done by him/her to the books. He/she will be required to replace the book.
- Misbehavior in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to serious disciplinary action.
- Any marking or writing inside the books by the members is strictly prohibited. If any damage/marking is found, the members have to replace the book, plus Rs..100/-as penalty.
- S. K. Dey, Librarian
- Prabhat Kumar Patnaik, Assistant Librarian
- Vijay Singh,Assistant Librarian
- Chandra Shekhar,Sr. Library Assistant
- Gopi Chand ,Library Attendant
- Ramji Chaurasia,Library Attendant
- Ajay Kumar Pandey,Library Peon
- Badri Vishal Mishra,Library Peon