About the Ph.D. Programme:
AU provides facility for pursuing doctoral research leading to the award of Ph.D. degree. University aims at developing individuals into distinguished researchers in the field of architect, design, engineering, management, computer sciences and applied sciences. Respective schools of the university offer Ph. D. programmes with a strong focus on promoting inter-disciplinary research. The University offers Ph. D. programme in Engineering/Management/Architecture/Applied Sciences/Design/Law. The duration for Part time and Full time Ph. D. programme is 3 years, however a candidate may seek an extension (after paying the additional fees), but the maximum length (from the date of registration) of duration of Ph. D. program will not exceed the cap of 6 years.
Objectives of Ph. D. Programme:
Overall objective of Ph. D. Programme is to retain the current and develop the emerging scholars for career in teaching, research, training and consulting. The programme focuses on:
- Equipping scholars with the capability to grasp and analyze the emerging trends in their respective field;
- Equipping researchers with the knowledge of comprehensive and encompassing research methodology;
- Initiating research in Priority and Gap areas of knowledge to fill up the existing vacuum in the theory and practice of their respective field;
- Grooming highly motivated Teachers and Trainers for the Institutes, which have been facing acute shortage of faculty due to rapid growth of enrolments and proliferation of universities, business schools and research institutes in India recently;
- Encouraging them to incessantly invoke intuitive insights, and imaginative Speculation;
- Propelling scholars to explore and experiment with ideas in order to invest the same into application in their respective field.;
- Preparing Professionals, who are endowed with the requisite intellectual capability, distinctive vision and perspective to cope up with the emerging challenges of rapidly changing world in their respective field; and
- Nurturing emerging scholars for career in research by endowing them with an insatiable desire to know more and more.
(i) The minimum eligibility required for admission to a Ph.D. Programme shall be a Master’s Degree or equivalent in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade.
(ii) Candidates possessing M.Phil. Degree with atleast 55% marks or equivalent grade in the grading system and Master’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate in the subject concerned shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
(i) Online application from can be filled from the website of the university www.ansaluniversity.edu.in
(ii) A candidate is required to fill the complete details given in the application form.
(iii) The application will be further processed only after the receipt of the fees along with the duly completed application form.
(iv) After completion of the application process, the candidate is required to take a print out of the form to produce it for document checking at the time of interview.
(v) In case of any query in this regard, you may call/email to:
Admissions Office Ansal University, Golf Course Road, Sector – 55, Gurgaon
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 91-124-4750501
Admission shall be based on:
(i) Satisfying the requirements of minimum eligibility criteria;
(ii) Applicants are required to appear for an Entrance Examination;
(iii) All Applicants would be required to make a presentation about their research interests and proposed research work to the SRC after clearing an Entrance Examination;
(iv) Presentations may be attended by university’s nominees, including outside expert(s);
(v) Selection in Ph.D. programme will be based on merit. 50% weightage will be given to the performance in the written test and 50% to presentation/Interview;
(vi) SRC will submit the list of short listed candidate to the Vice Chancellor for approval;
(vii) The candidate shall submit no objection certificate (NOC) from the employer (if applicable);
(viii) The admission shall be based on the criteria notified by the university, keeping in view the guidelines/norms in this regard issued by the UGC and other statutory bodies concerned.