Hostel life for any student is one of the unforgettable moments and Ansal University makes stay memorable by providing a holistic atmosphere. Staying at hostel encourage the students to become responsible and independent. It also gives an opportunity to work in a team and develop a sense of understanding of the society as students are from diversified areas and families. There are separate hostels for girls and boys on campus for about 300 residents on triple sharing basis which give them greater opportunities to interact and learn from each other. Students maintain a healthy environment which by working together for projects, assignments and extend a sagacity of togetherness.
- Each resident is provided with cupboard, computer table with rack, chair and bed with mattress.
- House keeping (sweeping, mopping & cleaning) facilities are provided without any extra charge.
- A common/dinning room with TV, newspapers and magazines is provided in each hostel. Hostel inmates can use Outdoors games facilities like Basket Ball, Footabll, Cricket, volleyball etc. on campus. A gym facility is also available on campus.
- Geysers are provided in each washroom
- Water coolers with RO water are available on alternate floors.
- Students are provided good quality meals (Veg/Non-Veg) with no restriction on quantity, except for certain items.
- Meal facility is also available to parents on subsidized rates.
- 24 hours security is provided at both the hostels.
- Internet facility is provided at no extra cost.
- Free consultation by the doctor is provided twice a week.
Hostel activities are an integral part of Hostel life. We at AU recognize that and always plan activities that are of interest of hostellers. Every semester a lot of activities are organized which bring colour in the life of the hostellers.
Activities planned for the Coming semester are listed below:
|S.No.||Date & Day||Hostel Events|
|1||15th August||Independence day Celebrations|
|Admission Fee (One Time)||5,000/-|
|Charges for one academic session(10 Months)||1,40,000/-|
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HOSTEL RESIDENTS
- Students admitted to the hostel are assumed to be ladies/gentlemen, and of sufficient maturity to enable them to live in an adult environment. Such living involves full respect for the rights of others; a regard for self-discipline and a high standard of honesty and moral conduct. These regulations are framed not to restrict the conduct of individuals but to ensure that a large student body live and work harmoniously together with minimum of friction and misunderstanding.
- All hostel residents shall strictly adhere to the mess and other timings of the hostel as may be prescribed from time to time. All Hostel residents are required to return to campus latest by 8:00 pm. In special circumstances where a student is required to return later than the prescribed time, due to some academic work, he/she is required to submit written authorization from his HOD/Dean, mentioning the specific time limits for which the student is to be permitted. Hostel residents are required to return to the hostel by 9:00 pm.
- All hostel residents are expected to be in their rooms after 10:00 pm.
- It is obligatory for every hostel resident to provide prior information to the Warden for leaving hostel for overnight stay at his/her parents place or local guardian authorized by the parents. If any hostel resident provides false information about his/her night stay (leave), it will be considered as a severe indisciplinary act, which may result into penal action.
- Students are required to submit the hostel leave form if they wish to go on leave one day before leaving at the time of attendance to prefect.
- Every hostel resident while proceeding on leave or coming back from leave is required to enter his/her time of entry/exit in the register maintained by the Hostel Caretaker for the purpose.
- Any association, active or passive, by any hostel resident with any unlawful organization, possession and/or consumption of alcoholic drinks, drugs, or any other intoxicant by whatsoever name, smoking or possession of any kind of ammunition or weapon of assault or fire-arm or any other illegal possession are strictly prohibited within the hostel premises. They can not even come to the hostel after consuming any of the prohibited things. If any hostel resident is found/reported in possession of/usage of any of the items mentioned above by the university authorities or local authorities like civil administration/police, the concerned student will be held responsible and may be rusticated from the hostel as well as from the university.
- Regular checking of the rooms by hostel authorities is routine procedure and residents are expected to cooperate in this. In case of any doubt or otherwise room may be opened in the absence of the residents by the hostel authorities.
- If any student indulges in any act of indiscipline in the hostel, the designated Hostel disciplinary committee will take appropriate penal measures. If a student is expelled from the hostel due to any reason his hostel security may be forfeited.
- Ragging, canvassing and/or harassment of any kind to other students by whatsoever names are strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken against defaulters. Supreme Court guidelines on ragging will be applicable.
- No hostel resident is permitted to use music systems & speakers etc. in their rooms. Students found/reported using such items in the room may be charged a financial penalty of min Rs. 500/- and the objectionable appliance may be confiscated.
- Residents may keep hot air blowers, in their rooms. However, the residents are suggested to use the electrical appliances carefully. If there is any damage found/occurred in the room because of these appliances, the student will be charged a financial penalty of Rs 500/- and they will also have to bear the cost of damage.
- Hanging of clothes in the balcony is not allowed on week days. If found, a fine of Rs 100/- may be charged. However, the residents may use the balcony on Saturdays/ Sundays and holidays to dry the clothes.
- In case of damage to any building, furniture or other hostel property, the cost of repairing and/or replacement along with appropriate penalty/fine (a stringent deterrent) will be charged from the student(s) known to be immediately responsible. But, if the person(s) causing the damage is unidentifiable, the cost and penalty shall be recovered equally from all the residents of the hostel in the form of common fine.
- Any hostel resident who is suffering from a communicable disease which requires constant medical attention shall vacate the hostel unconditionally immediately on having knowledge of disease/ailment.
- University is not obliged to take the student to the hospital. However, in emergency cases, help may be provided to the students to reach to the hospital.
- In case of any emergency, the University will try to contact the parent/local guardian of the hostel resident to take their view. In case, due to any reason, the guardian could not be contacted, then the decision taken by the University will be acceptable to the parents/guardians. All expenses related to treatment will be borne by the parent / guardian. Students are required to provide information if they have been suffereing from any particular medical problems/allergy with any medicine.
- The students may be allowed to keep their vehicles in the hostels. The permission is purely at the discretion of the respective warden. However, movement of vehicles is not allowed in the campus from 9 am to 5 pm, except on non-teaching days.
- Request for room allocation with specific location or partners cannot be guaranteed; nevertheless, efforts will be made to meet the desired request.
- Students are strongly recommended not to keep valuables with them in the room and should lock respective cupboards all the time as a precaution. Room should always be kept locked when not in use. University will not be responsible for the personal belongings.
- The warden may, at his / her discretion, may appoint one or more student prefects to serve as a coordinating link between the Hostel Warden and the residents.
- No hostel resident is permitted to invite or entertain any visitor specifically day scholars inside the hostel. Hostel residents can meet their parents in the Meeting Room. In emergencies, parents may contact the warden for meeting their wards in the hostel room.
- No female visitor(s) are allowed entry into the boy’s hostel. Similarly no male visitor(s) are allowed entry into girl’s hostel.
- No food delivery is allowed inside the hostel from outside after 9.00 PM.
- Possession of ID card is mandatory and all services would be given on ID card being shown. In case of losing hostel ID card, a fine of Rs 50/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate hostel ID card.
- It is mandatory for the hostel residents to have at least 75% attendance, hostel allotment in next session may be denied if it is less than it.
- Residents shall vacate the hostels within 2 days from the end of the final examinations, unless specific permission from the hostel warden is obtained for extension. Cloakroom facility may be granted to the residents who wish to rejoin from next semester. University will not be responsible for any items kept in cloak room.
- Each student shall be responsible for the furniture and the electrical fittings provided in his/her room while vacating the hostel. Each resident should get his/her room checked, for furniture/fittings & fixtures etc, by the Warden /Caretaker.
- While vacating the Hostel Room, the resident must ensure that bills of all services availed by him, in his personal capacity, are duly paid for speedy settlement of their security money. No dues clearance on the prescribed format is essential.
- Hostel in next session will be given to those residents only who have shown good conduct in the previous session.
Violation of any of the rules stated above, or as may be framed subsequently, shall invite strict disciplinary action.